Hopkins County Stew-Family Size
2 Lbs. Skinless Chicken Pieces
4 Cups Water
1 ½ Teaspoon Salt
4 Medium Potatoes-Diced
1 Large Onion-Diced
1 15oz. Can Tomato Sauce
1 14 ½ oz. Can Peeled Diced Tomatoes
1 Teaspoon Salt
! Teaspoon Pepper
1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
1 Teaspoon Paprika
1 16oz. Can Whole Kernel Corn
1 16oz. Can Cream Style Corn
- Stew first three ingredients in a 5 qt. Sauce pan until chicken is tender. Reserving liquid, remove chicken, de-bone and dice.
- Add to liquid, potatoes and onions. If needed, add enough water to JUST COVER the vegetables and cook until potatoes are done.
- Add diced chicken, salt, pepper, tomato sauce, diced tomato, salt, chili powder and paprika. Bring to a boil.
- Add whole kernel and cream style corn. Stir constantly (to prevent scorching). Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer. If needed, add water to fill pot. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring as needed.
This recipe is the basic Hopkins County Stew recipe and other ingredients
may be added to suit individual tastes!